- United States v. Windsor The Defense of Marriage Act is unconstitutional.
- Hollingsworth v. Perry The proponents of California’s ban on same-sex marriage did not have standing to appeal the district court’s order invalidating the ban.
- Shelby County v. Holder Section 4 of the Voting Rights Act is unconstitutional under present conditions
- Koontz v. St. Johns River Water Management District The government’s demand for property from a land-use permit applicant must satisfy the Nollan / Dolan requirements.
- Adoptive Couple v. Baby Girl The Indian Child Welfare Act does not bar termination of the biological father’s paternal rights.
- Fisher v. University of Texas at Austin Affirmative action
We still have yet to get it completely right. However, everyday we come a little closer and at least with having these virtues of ” Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness” we know we can still work toward our individual and collective freedom’s.
July 4, 1776
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
Happy 4th of July