ATTENTION HAITIAN COMMUNITY RESIDENTS
- BROOKLYN DEFENDER SERVICES WILL HELP YOU WITH YOUR IMMIGRATION QUESTIONS AND HELP YOU APPLY FOR TEMPORARY PROTECTED STATUS
- THERE WILL BE NO CHARGE AT ALL
- EVERYONE WILL SEE AN ATTORNEY
- WE DO NOT WORK FOR THE GOVERNMENT
IF YOU HAVE ANY OF THE DOCUMENTS LISTED BELOW, BRING THEM. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE
THEM, COME ANYWAY, WE CAN STILL HELP YOU.
- Proof of Haitian nationality
- Information about your immigration history, including the date you first came to the U.S.
- Documents that can show when you entered the United States and any documents that show you were in the United States on or before January 12, 2010
- Any immigration documents you filed or received
- If you can afford to pay for a TPS application, bring a check or money order made out to “U.S. Department of Homeland Security” to mail with your application (NO CASH)! The fees are as follows:
- TPS application + work permit = $470
- TPS only (no work permit) = $130
- Kids under 14 = $50
- Over 65 = $130
- If you cannot afford to pay, we will file a request to waive the fee–bring documents that show:
- Any benefits you are receiving
- Anything to prove your income
- Anything showing you have large expenses, such as high medical bills
This legal clinic is being run by Brooklyn Defender Services, Brooklyn Bar Association Volunteer Lawyers Project, Brooklyn Bar Association, Brooklyn Women’s Bar Association
CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.BDS.ORG
- FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL 888-898-0700
- 123 Linden Blvd, between Rogers and Bedford
- WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 10, 2010 4:00-8:00 P.M.
- THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2010 4:00-8:00 P.M.
- FRIDAY, FEBRARY 12, 2010 11:00 AM–5:00 P.M.